Unleash your potential in a place you belong
Come and join a culture where content, people and ideas merge. An exciting and open place where your talents can truly thrive. Ready? This could be the start of something special. At ViacomCBS, we have an iconic portfolio of brands, like Paramount, MTV, Nickelodeon, and many more – but it’s our employees that make it unique. You could be the next addition to our incredible team.
Who Are We
We’re Viacom International Media Networks UK & Ireland, home to 20 TV channels that offer the very best in music, entertainment, comedy and kids programming through our MTV, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, Channel 5 and BET brands. Together these brands reach nearly 30 million homes in the UK and Ireland. Viacom brands are seen globally in more than 705 million households in 169 territories and 37 languages via more than 184 locally programmed and operated TV channels and more than 550 digital media and mobile TV properties.
Who Are You
There are lots of people here doing all sorts of jobs and we believe that having all kinds of people from all kinds of backgrounds makes this a great place to work. We have a number of Employee Resource Groups that look to support our employees from all walks of life and who face common challenges in the workplace and we hold tons of events all your round to nurture the best possible, inclusive environment.
What About The Department
The Commercial Ad Operations department is an international team with traffickers based in London, Berlin, Milan, Buenos Aires and Sao Paulo. The department’s mission is to support online Ad trafficking and commercial Ad product across all regions with the goal to maximize revenue.
What Is The Role
The Ad Product Manager is the technical lead for Multiplatform Ad Operations within the Commercial Ad Operations team interacting with various stakeholders across the business. The role, working across a number of different projects, is accountable for all centralised multiplatform product integrations with VIMN ad sales systems across VIMN sites and apps. Working closely with the Multiplatform Ad Operations team to provide the best possible service to our clients, resellers and vendors across a network of well-established international sites, Apps and external platforms. These include global and local websites and apps as well as US sites with international inventory across brands such as MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, South Park Studios, VH1, Spike, Paramount, LogoTV and BET. External platforms include YouTube.
Applicants have had previous technical project manager experience, potentially working closely with commercial teams to scope out and deliver advertising elements within digital products. You are familiar with the ins and outs of digital advertising as well as passionate about coding, writing ad specifications, assessing, testing, integrating and debugging all types of digital products and technologies. You are comfortable managing projects too; with good negotiation skills, able to manage schedules and resources if necessary; an ability to bring several teams together; able to communicate issues, visions and goals to the technical and the non-tech savvy alike; and have exceptional personal organisation and risk management. Your approach is tactical, hands on and solutions orientated, but you are equally at home with conceptualising new ideas and technologies and seeing these ideas through to execution.
Key responsabilities are:
- Support sales partners and vendors across all time zones
- Ownership and accountability of centralised product integrations with VIMN digital ad sales systems across VIMN sites and apps,working with Ad Ops (Traffic and Ad Product), Commercial and Engineering teams:deliver ad requirements, support development teams with ad specs and technical integration, write testing stories and define success criteria for QA and testing rounds, project manage timelines and communicate updates
- Maintain the global VIMN ad-serving infrastructure and VIMN ad serving standards (as directed by Ad Ops) across all web site platforms, Apps and players for all local regions, and communicate changes to Ad Ops (Traffic and Ad Product), Reporting and Commercial teams
- Solve and QA technical product issues and provide solutions for internal groups such as Ad Ops, Commercial and Engineering
- Create, document and maintain centralised product integrations processes and project communications.
- Support Ad Ops by maintaining strong relationships with Commercial, Brand and Engineering teams and help communicate future changes across all VIMN ad products, sites and apps
- Be a champion for external platforms like YouTube and support programmatic campaigns (including YouTube Programmatic Guaranteed).
The ideal candidate for this role would be a self-starter with strong self-motivation and organisation skills. Responsibilities are likely to be many and varied, so the candidate should have good tolerance for ambiguity, autonomy and a willingness to pick up and run with projects with moderate direction. The candidate must have extensive knowledge of online media, significant exposure to the online ad sales process and the ad ops industry. Knowledge about advertising on YouTube very important.
What Skills Do You Need
- Knowledge of coding languages such as HTML, XML, RSS, JS, CSS, etc and use of video encoding software, web & Apps debugging and proxy tools
- Proven understanding of online ad serving, interactive development and media in regard to advertising sales, and passion for new media and the technological possibilities
- Experience of managing and launching digital product across multiple platforms and devices
- Familiarity with building products for digital platforms including web CMS, video players and mobile applications
- Proven experience working in a hands on any level Project Management role
- Experience of integration, management and use of display and video ad serving systems, specifically Google GAM and Freewheel
- Knowledge of YouTube ad targeting, ad reporting, ad forecasting. YouTube CMS management a plus.
- Good understanding of digital ad tag structure and products such as web, video, mobile, rich media types, 3 rd party advertising, and knowledge of major ad tech vendors and partners, industry KPIs, trends and market research
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to converse with site managers and developers and well as Commercial and Reporting teams
- Capacity for meticulous review of campaign data in auditing and data entry
- Strong client services focus and people management skills
- Excellent at communicating complex matters across all channels
- Ability to handle heavy workload, mediating many demands and requests with strong problem solving drive
- Smart and quick learner with organizational agility and strong attention to detail
- Effective team player with strong resilience
- Autonomy and accountability
What Are Our Benefits
- Private Medical Insurance : You will be eligible for our full Private Medial Cover (From 3 months)
- Season Ticket Loan : We’ll pay for your season travel card up front and you can pay us back across the year
- TV Package Discount : If you subscribe for the likes of Sky and Virgin Media, we’ll get £20 off your bill
- Pension Scheme : You will be eligible for our Pension Scheme from day one, as long as you are contributing to this, we’ll top this up with a voluntary contribution from us
- Discounted Gym Membership : We offer discounts to a number of Gyms
- Discounts at Local Shops and Restaurants : Whether you need a new pair of shoes or just want something tasty for lunch, we partner with a number of local businesses to offer us discounted rates
- Access to Reward Gateway : With heaps of discounts on everyday shops, restaurants and household suppliers
- Happy to talk flexible working!
What Are Our Values
Our values, and their related behaviours, guide how we show up to work each day and help ensure that we all treat each other with respect. We want these to feel relevant to all of our employees and all parts of the business, as we believe that when these behaviours are achieved, we are the best we can be. The three values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes we seek, and once combined we believe these will power our company forward.
- Creativity : Push beyond the expected
- Passion : Stand up for what you believe in
- Risk-Taking : Take smart choices
- Inclusion : Embrace diverse perspectives
- Collaboration : Work together as one team
- Innovation : Use insights to drive the business
- Trust : Assume best intentions
- Transparency : Communicate clearly and openly
- Accountability : Deliver, and own the outcome
At Viacom, we value and celebrate difference. We want to ensure that we fully represent the make-up of UK society in our workforce as well as bringing diverse perspectives to our business. We want to make sure Diversity and Inclusion are not just buzz words; we truly want to foster an authentic inclusive environment, where all employees feel that they can bring their whole selves to work.
Our recruitment Privacy Notice for Viacom entities in the EEA and Switzerland is available here (https://www.viacom.com/recruitment-privacy-notice-eea-switzerland) .
We offer an inclusive environment where you can really be yourself and find your niche. You’ll get to work alongside streaming platforms you can be proud of, with content that touches millions of lives. Plus, you can learn about the things we’re doing to make the industry more sustainable, and enjoy lots of perks:
• A monthly streaming fund
• All the health and financial benefits you’d expect, and some you wouldn’t
• Flexibility to own the way you work
• Mental health activities and support
• All manner of BBQs, socials and events
What are you waiting for? Put in your application!
Our values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes we seek, and once combined we believe these will power our company forward.
Optimism & Determination
• We share a positive belief that we can navigate and thrive in the landscape ahead
Inclusivity & Collaboration
• We Embrace new and diverse voices, act with care and work together to capture opportunities and manager through challenges
Agility & Adaptability
• We think entrepreneurially, are resilient in change and move quickly to anticipate and create what’s next
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer and we take our responsibility in safeguarding children and adults seriously. We work hard to ensure that everyone with whom we engage receive equal protection from all types of harm or abuse, regardless of age, disability, gender, racial heritage, religious belief, sexual orientation or identity; an obligation we take very seriously.
To ensure, we are an exemplar in the field of safeguarding individuals, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria of the role applied for and for those who are successful in receiving an offer for roles that interact with children, completed background checks will be required prior to joining. Should you need any support during the recruitment process, please advise your recruiter or email UK.email@example.com where we will support your request as suitably possible.
Additionally, we are proud to partner with a number of incredible communities and if you have a disability or a long-term condition (including hidden conditions such as mental health, autism, dyslexia, etc) that would need an adjustment; either in the application process, the interview process, the onboarding process or day to day, our amazing partner Evenbreak can provide additional help and advice to disabled candidates who may be interested in our vacancies. Find out more at https://hive.evenbreak.co.uk
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer and we take our responsibility in safeguarding children and adults seriously. We work hard to ensure that everyone with whom we engage receive equal protection from all types of harm or abuse, regardless of age, disability, gender, racial heritage, religious belief, sexual orientation or identity; an obligation we take very seriously. To ensure, we are an exemplar in the field of safeguarding individuals, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria of the role applied for and for those who are successful in receiving an offer for roles that interact with children, completed background checks will be required prior to joining.
Function Ad Sales/Affiliate Sales & Marketing